The children in our Reception class follow a programme of study based on the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum 2012. There are seven areas of experience within this phase: These are split into three prime areas and four specific areas.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Mathematics (Numbers, Shape, Space and Measure)
- Understanding of the World (includes ICT)
- Expressive Art and Design
There is a great emphasis on the child learning through a wide range of carefully planned, first hand, practical experiences and structured play. Children in Reception are also taught in more formal carpet sessions and group sessions for Literacy and Maths. The children enjoy learning outdoors and are able to access all areas of the curriculum our large outdoor area.