Early Years Foundation Stage
The children in Reception follow a programme of study based on the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum 2012. There are seven areas of experience within this phase: These are split into three prime areas and four specific areas.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Mathematics (Numbers, Shape, Space and Measure)
- Understanding of the World (includes ICT)
- Expressive Art and Design
There is a greater emphasis on the child learning through a wide range of carefully planned, first hand, practical experiences and structured play. Children in Reception are also taught in more formal carpet sessions and groups for Literacy and Maths. We record observations of children's learning The Early Years team have worked hard to develop the outdoor areas in Nursery and Reception. We have had a new canopy and artificial grass installed which allows the children to access our outdoor space in all weathers.