Every child has the right to learn in a safe, happy and stimulating learning environment.
We develop curiosity, encourage responsibility, celebrate perseverance, embrace resilience and promote independent thinkers.
The children of Harrold, irrespective of their starting points, have high expectations of themselves as learners, in order to reach their full potential.
We aim to do this by:
- Encouraging high expectations in a positive, learning environment
- Creating a caring community which is enriched by the individual
- Providing a happy, stimulating learning environment
- Developing curious and lively minds and encourage the children to think for themselves
- Encouraging the acquisition of knowledge, concepts and skills which the children will then be able to apply to a variety of situations
- Helping the children understand the importance of perseverance, resilience and self-discipline
- Developing the children’s self-confidence so whatever their starting point they can reach their full potential
- Creating an environment where everyone can work together for the good of the children and the school as a whole
- Creating a welcoming, happy place where there is politeness, respect and tolerance for all
- Developing children’s social skills and their ability to work as a team
- Promoting the importance of a healthy lifestyle by encouraging healthy eating and regular exercise