Aims, Values and Ethos of the School
Harrold Primary Academy is committed to creating the right educational environment for all pupils, which aims to allow each child to develop in the way and at a pace appropriate to their individual needs.
In our school, everyone has the right to
- Feel Safe
- Be treated with respect
- Have the right to learn
Aims of the School
- Encourage high expectations in a positive, learning environment
- Create a caring community which is enriched by the individual
- Provide a happy, stimulating learning environment
- Develop curious and lively minds and encourage the children to think for themselves
- Encourage the acquisition of knowledge, concepts and skills which the children will then be able to apply to a variety of situations
- Help the children understand the importance of perseverance, resilience and self-discipline
- Develop the children’s self-confidence so whatever their starting point they can reach their full potential
- Create an environment where everyone can work together for the good of the children and the school as a whole
- Create a welcoming, happy place where there is politeness, respect and tolerance for all
- Develop children’s social skills and their ability to work as a team
- Promote the importance of a healthy lifestyle by encouraging healthy eating and regular exercise
The school will achieve this as we:
- Provide a primary education of the highest quality for each child and to value their achievements.
- Treat every member of the school community with respect and understanding.
- Foster a love of learning so that children enjoy and achieve.
- Develop in each child positive values, a caring attitude and respect towards each member of our school community and the school’s environment.
- Provide regular opportunities for consultation between parents and teachers and to write an annual report of each child’s achievement.
- Promote good communication between home and school.